I'm not a nail tech. I have no training. I know my nails aren't perfect. But I do my nails for me and just have fun with it. I don't update as often as I should. But I always have polish on. I usually wear it for 3 or more days at a time.
If you like what you see give me a follow or comment. I'd love to hear from you! :)

Friday, May 4, 2012

Habs Nail Art

Not only am I known for my nail art, but I am also known as a hockey fan, so it didn't take long for me to merge the two. My favourite team is the Montreal Canadiens, aka the Habs. I've done a few different Habs nails since I started doing nail art, but here are my latest ones.

I met up with some other Habs fans at a few tweetups recently and I 'sported' these nails to the first one. 

They were super simple to do. I just painted my nails white then sponged on red and navy. I kind of cheated on the Habs logo, I put clear polish on a plastic bag, let is dry. Then I used a black gel pen to draw the logo, let it dry then added clear over top. As you can see it crackled a bit. After I let it dry for half an hour or so I carefully peeled it off the bag and since I had a lot of clear polish, I cut around the logo. I put a small spot of clear polish on my nail and added top coat. Simple as that!


This is the other look I wore for another tweetup. For the "HABS" I just a nail art pen and carefully got all the letters on the nail. Here's a tip, I started in the middle of the word, so the B and A to make sure all the letters would fit.


My right hand. I used the same nail art pen and put the number 51 for my favourite player!


bonus pic:
These ones didn't last long. I had decided that I was gig to paint my nails for the Stanley Cup playoffs, I fully intended to paint all the teams in the playoffs. However, I don't have all the right colours, brushes, etc to do them. Plus as I found out here, with the Nashville Predators, it's hard to draw some of the logos! but this Stanley Cup turned out pretty cute, so I am glad I took a a picture of it. I also may have spelt PREDS, PEDS :S so that just wasn't going to last! haha
Depending on who makes it to the finals I might re visit the idea of painting NHL nails, before the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment